Yesterday I went to City Market which is close to downtown with my classmates of Green Vermont.
I was surprised that every products have own tag, which were categorized by place of production, like conventional, organic or local. To consider about transportation costs a lot of energy and money, it can be a good guide to consume products with energy as low as possible. I'm sure this is impolite to write, but actually I thought people in US doesn't consider their health in food, so this system gave me a fresh impression.
In addition, some product like coffee were sold in loose. In Japanese market, almost all of the products are already packed in plastic cases or plastic bag, although sometimes its quantity generates surplus for me. It is not only one or two times to waste it in my house, thus I feel sorry for it when I send it trash box. However, loose system can be a solution to reduce such a product although I expect some refutations which is like this is not desiable in the point of cleanness.
I was so interested and glad to be in City Market. I'm looking forward to going another field trip in another day!
No comments:
Post a Comment